Title- Six Degrees –Game of Blogs
Author – Various (Teamwork)
Paperback: 422 pages
Publisher: Blogadda.com/Leadstart Publishing; First edition (27 October 2015)
Price – INR 349
My Rating – 4/5
I am a voracious reader and am in constant look to read more and more and been a blogger, I am always on a lookout for the new discoveries in the field of creativity dominating the world of writings. It satiates my hunger of reading and writing.
I received the complimentary copy of Six Degrees, Game of Blog from Blogadda under the book review program and it gave me an opportunity to present my honest opinion about the collaboration of authors from different streams.
In the beginning, when I came to know that about 300 bloggers have helped to strew these three stories, I was a bit reluctant. But once I started, there was no looking back till I finished.
The book Six Degrees, Game of Blog by Blogadda is quite unique and innovative way to bring authors from different stride to stand and unite to unravel three unique stories. The teamwork is praiseworthy and I love the efforts of Blogadda.
So, in one book, you get an opportunity to read the three components and it leaves you thrilled. There are few flaws but it can be overlooked seeing the passion of the contributors of the blogging world, who have made Six Degrees, Game of Blog, a successful read.
The most commendable thing about this book is that throughout the three different stories series, the five characters are the same and the basic characters holds the same characteristics in all the three stories.
I believe you must be interested to know about the portrayed characters and its worth to get introduced to them.
- Shekhar Dutta is a stay at home Dad and a freelancer writer.
- Tara Dutta is the breadwinner of the family, the dashing, ambitious and busy media personnel whose priority is her job and family and she is doing well in job.
- Roohi Dutta is a nine year old daughter of the Dutta’s and quite smart and amicable unlike her age.
- Cyrus is a law student who joins Dutta family in Mumbai and his character is on rapid change in each story.
- Jennifer is a photographer and she continues with her character in all three stories.
- Dr. Aryan Ahuja is a neighbour of Dutta and his personality is on change in each of the stories.
The Three Stories are:
- The Awakening is a science fiction. It deals with powerful alien who desires to preserve the Earth which is losing its sheen due to negativity around in all spheres. The characters are quite strong and they deliver well. I don’t wish to go into the details rather I would request the people to take time out and do read for yourself. You will be mesmerized with the descriptions and would appreciate my choice…I am pretty sure.
- Entangled Lives is a murder & mystery which goes unsolved till the end. It is quite intriguing and I liked the strong character portrayed of Police officer Jawa who takes on his power to solve and leaves no stone unturned to solve the murder of the support staff of Tara, who is more like a family member. As name suggests, it entangles the lives of all characters and the way of expression of the author’s team sends a thrill to the readers. The conclusion of the story is abrupt but still it is quite interesting…It’s my take…Do buy and read for yourself.
3. Missing- A Journey is a thriller and it revokes the sentiments of different characters. The main characters of this story is Roohi Dutta & Cyrus. The missing of Roohi bridges the gap of the Dutta couple. Cyrus is a gay and it deals with his life, how people scorn at him, even his family takes a back seat and the saddest part of this story is the rape of Cyrus by his college mates and his sufferings. The bruises on the body goes off with time but the bruised soul remains with him always. The ending is happy but it stirs the readers.
My take: It is a wonderful read and it’s beyond belief that a collaboration of huge number of passionate bloggers can produce such a masterpiece for the audience. Tit bits of errors are there which can be easily rectified by the roving eyes of the Editor.For sure, grab the book and enjoy reading.
6 Degrees is India’s first book published through collaborative blogging, written completely by bloggers for the Game of Blogs activity at BlogAdda.
Review By Ila Varma.